Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thats a wrap: I'm coming home

     The writers' guild of America is on strike so scripts that are not complete cannot continue to be worked on. Oliver Stone, the director of Pinkville, likes to re-work his scripts as he goes along but hes not allowed to work on his script while the strike goes on because he is also a member of the writers' guild. So, with Stone already in Thailand and the rest of the crew and cast about to join him, they have called off production of the movie. If filming weren't supposed to start so soon they might have waited a bit - but I was supposed to report for boot camp on Nov 26 and filming was supposed to start soon after that. There goes my plan for world domination (actor>governor of California (native born)>president).
      I'm making fun but I'm really bummed. You all know how much I love movies. Tp be on the set of an Oliver Stone movie would have been awesome. And three weeks of boot camp sounded like a weird pain in the ass and amazing experience at the same time. Then there was the chance I'd have wound up with a number of lines greater than say, 10, and I was counting the dollars and dreaming of a new Civic...you see I wasn't that wide eyed.
     So....I'm homeward bound and I will be spending thanksgiving in the comfortable realm of my Cathay Pacific economy class seat (I had a window seat reserved for my original flight. I can't believe I was able to get an aisle seat only one day before my new flight). It wasn't that bad on the way here. It's just so damn long.
Next time from LA...where I will be turning in my thesis